#584
I was reading the paper and came across the Sports section. In a huge ass picture on the front page there's this butch looking woman all proud of herself for bowling a perfect game, something she's "dreamed of ever since she was old enough to play." The point? My point is bowling isn't a sport. Come on now. Curling, bowling, and even hunting, it really grinds my gears when they call them sports. I was damned good in bowling myself and I still didn't consider it a sport. A sport, in my eyes, is something that requires athletic ability. If athletic means running a few steps and tossing an oversized ball at some stationary pins down the lane then I stand corrected. Hunting? Oh, so a guy will hide behind a blind and shoot at random ducks, sitting on his ass and blowing the duck call horn all the while drinking beer. If that's a sport then I don't know what bizarro world I woke up in. Curling? Same as bowling, only more silly. Call them "recreational fun." Thank you and good day, sir.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home