Monday, March 13, 2006

#512

I do not think it's how I look that disturbs me. Because that wouldn't explain why I destroyed every pic I had of myself as a youth. I think I am trying to remove my existence. I want no record. No image to show me how life was. Is. I don't know why the self hate has grown so much but I don't see it relenting anytime soon. Mayhap if I was born good I wouldn't be so against myself. I see myself as the chained beast who'll be your ally but does tend to snap its jaws at you if you get too close. Now onto a philosphical question that I've been wondering for the past few days: Why is human cloning "morally wrong" yet you can have as many babies as you wish? The only difference with cloning is it will be a perfect copy of you, at least physically (I do realize its personality would differ from your own depending on its environment/conditioning), without sharing another's DNA. If you can have 13 babies, whose to say you can't have 13 clones? Clones would start by being babies too ya know. I believe if you are allowed to have babies you should be just as allowed to clone yourself. Or someone else. The only problem I see right now with cloning is that none of the cloned animals have been 100%. They have lung problems, size problems, just generally bad health problems and their lifespans aren't normal lifespans of their species. So we couldn't do that to any human, even if it was a clone of me. T'wouldn't be proper. But when we perfect it? Then what? The only other problem is the church. You have to ignore their pleas against doctors playing god, or else we'll never advance in our society. Their battles will be unfortunate, but there will always be some rogue doctors to help people clone, just as there were rogue abortion doctors before it became legal. I just hope by then we can clone 100% rather than these birth defected monsters. That is all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i usually spend at least 30 minutes taking pictures of myself until i come across one that is semi-acceptable (by my standards). then, without letting myself think about it, i will just post it. as cliche as it sounds, just do it. no judgements from here (as i'm sure the rest of your friends would say). and i'm nearly 100% sure your friends would be excited to see you.

12:38 PM  
Blogger ego sum mortuus said...

Yeah just posting it sounds like the best idea. As long as I don't ever see it myself... Good to see I am not the only one who is kinda nervous about it.

Maybe with time, experience, actually using it I won't be as nervous about it if I just do it. Gets easier with time maybe.

There are a few people who wonder how I look now. I think I remember Steffi hinting before that she hasn't seen me in a while. Oh and she wants me to go on cam with my niece Cheyenne too sometime, she needs to see her uncle, which'd be cool. We'll see. :)

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can say i'm a little curious myself.

12:08 AM  
Blogger ego sum mortuus said...

I have not really changed in all that time sadly. But I notice that my eyes as in the irises are a lot darker than they uster be.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home