Monday, March 06, 2006

#498

It figures. When the guy leaves I am suddenly wide awake again. Might aswell be. I should get my nights and days straightened out for the thousandth time. He went around measuring and used this fake door looking thing overtop the real frame and it basically was a machine to suck out all the air, to see how much air is getting inside. Basically there's equal to about a 4"x8" open window in the wall, he said. He said it's actually better than most NEW houses he's asked to do this for. Some have even been equivalent to a 24"x100" hole in the wall. So that's pretty good. I need to go around cocking the drafty areas and he'll give a $900 rebate. I wondered why they'd want people to use less energy when Ontario Hydro was (I thought) making money on heating (even though gas furnaces don't use hydro, but things such as space heaters do). It's basically partly gov't run and privately run. Anyway I was mistaken. I just thought it as weird as the Canadian gov't thinking smoking is so bad and harmful yet making mass profits from it at the same time. So anyway it's all done. He'll be back when I'm done with the cocking the drafts. His deadline is about March 31. The only tool I need other than the cocking itself is a candle. The squirrel that's been haunting us seems to have made quite the home in the attic. Must have been a thousand walnuts up there, and it'd ripped out all the insulation and made one huge nest... Jesus. I wonder how it got away without swallowing all the fiberglass? I also wonder how many generations of baby squirrels have been raised there. Imagine the pets I could have had. The squirrel king. Hmm. Had more but I lost it. Guess I am more out of it than I realized. Now to wait for Steffi. Have to get her through Hell still. That's it. Oh yeah. I'll get the camera soon. He took longer than I suspected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home