Tuesday, February 07, 2006

#460

The guy finally came today to replace the water heater they busted. Let me tell you it's nice to be able to shower again. That was pretty nasty. There was no water over the entire weekend all the way up until today. They couldn't do it on Saturday like they planned for they didn't have the necessary parts. This morning I forgot they'd be coming and suddenly I was awakened by the fire alarm. I yelled What the fuck!!, jumped up and ripped open the door, expecting in my haze to be greeted by a huge blaze...and the guy was there taking out the battery for the fire alarm and he was so apologetic and seemed to be to be pretty damned embarassed. And a little timid. He's like "Sorry! Sorry about that. I was soldering." He handed me the battery and told me to put it back in later. I still feel kind of bad about it. I didn't think anyone was here anyway and it was not directed at him or anyone. He's done some great work with the furnace and I wouldn't be a dick on purpose. But damn, the fire alarm sure works...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home