#373
The computer has arrived. I tested the dvd portion. Works perfectly. I tested command and conquer: generals at max resolution and max shadows and max particles and textures, and at the highest game speed. Whereas this computer I am currently on would run slow at such settings, the pretty explosions and fire et al were perfect. No slowdown. No chop. Next I will have to try Sims 2 and Battlefield 2. I am quite happy there are no issues that I was fearing from reading about people's technical issues on forums. Then again, I always tell myself, the thousands of people who don't have issues won't be on a forum bitching either. As a whole I am quite happy for this new toy. I will keep this piece of crap as a backup, and besides, I don't have the net hooked up to the new one yet. I am moving that PC somewhere else in the house so as I don't end up smoking around it. I'd hate to ruin such a nice piece of hardware (And the thing must weigh 500 pounds). At some point I will have to install some bigger drives, but the way it is now is perfect. A great system. A great hog. I should have no issues with any current games or into the future. And I really can't wait to see how Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and the PC-killer Auto Assault mmorpg will look on this thing. It's a good Christmas. Just too bad I had to pay for it myself. :P I also get paid on the 22nd, so I'll have to pick up some new shit! Hooray. Update #1: I am able to run all my games, including FEAR, at max settings and max anti aliasing without any semblence of slowdown or choppiness. Fear is the clincher. And since I can run that fine (and it takes more to run FEAR than Doom 3), I can pretty much do anything. Yes, I am damn happy. :D Well worth the money, I tell ya.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home