Tuesday, December 13, 2005

#365

It is done. The PC will be delivered before Xmas. Call it...a self spoiling due to being such a good boy. 9.9% interest, $135/month for 36 months. Total will be $4,600-whatever. Now, I will change from the worst f'n PC to the best. The hunted becomes the hunter. We Own (the) Other Team! Dual Geforce 7800 SLI GTX, baby! Woohoo! Edit: For fuck sakes. I knew there'd be a problem since the dude's name was Prakash Ranganathan. I'm sorry, no matter how vile it might sound: you should never outsource to a country where their first language isn't english when it comes to purchasing items that cost in the $5,000 range. That's just too much cash to risk messing up on a part. They never seem to get shit right. Here's the list of what's included in my PC. I shall mark in yellow what is wrong. I am just so glad they did not fuck up the processor, the ram, or the video cards. Qty Part # Description Quantité / No. de la pièce / Description --- -------- --------------------------------------------- 1 221-9491 XPS600,P4,660 (3.6GHZ),HT,2MB 1 310-5870 DELL ENHANCED MULTIMEDIA USB KB,DIM 1 310-6266 LOGITECH USB 2-BUTTON MOUSE,DIM 1 311-5030 2GB DDR2 SDRAM AT 667MHZ-2X1GB,DIM,X 1 313-2758 INTEGRATED AUDIO 1 313-3607 NO MODEM REQUESTED 1 313-3807 DELL A525 SPEAKERS,LF,DIM 1 313-7222 DELL APPLICATION BACK-UP CD,FACT 1 320-4278 VIDEO READY W/O MONITOR,DIM,3000 1 320-4373 DUAL 256MB GEFORCE 7800 GTX W/SLI,X 1 341-1589 RAID1 WITH 2X160GB HARD DRIVES(MIRROR),X (1) 1 341-2375 NO FLOPPY DRIVE, DIM XPS 1 412-0705 ADOBE ACROBAT READER 6.0 1 412-0721 DELL SUPPORT 3.0,DIM 3000,4600,4700 1 412-0757 NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2005,90DAY,DIM (2) 1 412-0842 MUSIC MATCH 10.1 BASIC,ODP,DIM/INSP 1 412-0845 PHOTO ALBUM 6.0 STARTER,DIM/INSP 1 420-4927 WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 10,DIM 1 420-4938 WIN XP HOME,SP2,ENG,DIM,TIED 1 420-5265 DECODING SOFTWARE,POWER DVD,5.5,XPS 1 464-6704 16X DVD-ROM AND 16X DVD+/-RW,X 1 412-0674 AOL 9.0 ,FI,ENGLISH CANADA (3) 1 412-0803 WORDPERFECT OFFICE 12 + TRIAL,DIM/INSP 1 930-1300 NBD,DIM,WANG,INIT YR,BSD/DHS,RA 1 960-2800 WARRANTY SPRT,DIM,INIT YR 1 983-2207 INFO, SERVICES DELL 1 009-9942 PAY $10 SHIPPING AND HANDLING 1 950-9797 NO WARRANTY,YRS 2/3(DIM,INSP,NBD)(4) (1) I did not ask for two god damn 160gb drives! I already have over 400gb in hard drive space that I plan to strip from this piece of crap. I guess it's not such a big deal, as it's on a raid, but they coulda saved me some cash without it. I would have been fine with their smallest 80gb drive since I have more than enough space though. (2) Another scam. I didn't ask for Norton 90 days of security. Don't they realize I can get anything I want. Why would I want to pay f or Norton? There are better antivirus applications I use, such as Bit Defender...even Panda Software is superior to Norton's outdated code. (3) Aol? Are they retarded? Unless they're just adding the application to get Aol, it would be funny to give me a computer without a dialup modem installed and sign me up to AOL. If that's the case, the bombs over baghdad will have to resume. No way am I getting on AOL. I remember when they were new and charged $45 a minute to be online here in Canadia. (4) I asked for a 1-year warranty. It appears the douche didn't get it when I said "I WANT A ONE-YEAR WARRANTY!" The first year is when things can go wrong. True, this PC did not break down once in all the years I've had it, but you never know. So, anyway, if their system breaks down they better fix it since I ordered it. Dumb ass. Not paying 5 grand to have something go wrong and them not fix it. Anyway, there's my bitching for now. I will wait and see what else goes wrong. Edit #2: Here it is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home