Wednesday, November 30, 2005

#338

My grandmother went in to be tested. She had an echocardiogram(?), ultrasound and stress test (treadmill). It appears it may not be a heart problem but she most likely had a virus for about 7 yrs that has since damaged her lungs. Her doctor said that I should not smoke around her in the house because of it. She now wears a machine and it has to come off at 3pm tomorrow to test her heart. But the good news is the stress test showed that she was getting 98% oxygen despite being pushed to the limit. Smokers a fraction of her age probably get a lot less due to lung capacity diminishing. So that's a plus. I am just a bit worried about her lung damage however and I wonder if it was my fault for smoking. Also, I sure hope it isn't contagious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home