#315: "Whacko Jacko" Jack Thompson sucks!
It seems now Whacko Jacko wants to sue Amazon because his poorly written book, entitled Out Of Harm's Way, is getting mainly negative reviews. See for yourself. Either Amazon removes the negative responses (while keeping the couple of planted positives, no doubt), or he sues them, he said (paraphrased). His book is chock full of yet more of his tired, endless tirade about how video games such as the Grant Theft Auto series are destroying the youth and creating millions of murderous psychopaths. He also brings religion into the fray. The book opens up where Jacko kills and rapes a giant, then sues the giant because he's naked. Whacko Jacko is a fool, and pretty deranged himself. He should be stopped at all costs for he is a danger to society. He would even go so far as to threaten me with legal action for what I say here about him. Because no one can say anything negative about the Jack. - He attempted to sue Penny Arcade because they offered to pay the $10,000 Jack initially promised to pay for charity for his demented videogame idea that he (Jack) never planned on paying anyway. - He tried to sue Take-Two/RockStar, for the Grand Theft Auto series, because he managed to get bad parents behind him who'd rather scapegoat others for their fucked up children's behaviour. - Think Geek for their I Hate Jack Thompson T-shirts. And the list goes on. And he will, in every argument, threaten to sue your ass for speaking your opinion (using your freedom of speech rights). He is only one step above an ambulance chaser. Scum of society. There is a special place in hell for lawyers. Oh, yes. But he can't really be this stupid, can he? He can't seriously believe that video games are creating a society of thugs. That would be foolish. While it may be true that violent video games may attract some already-violent people, the majority of gamers are not that way at all. His only purpose is to attack the video game industry because that is where the money is. As someone else has said, it would be harder to go after the government for poor healthcare and you'd spend more than you'd gain from such a lawsuit. It's just so damn easy to get the poorly educated parents on his bandwagon, citing violence in the media will turn their child into a lunatic, rather than the bad parenting/lack of mental health support they themselves are forcing on their children. It is my belief, and hopefully I am not alone, that those who do shoot up schools were fucked to begin with. I do not believe, and would hope others agree, that any right-minded teenager would play a game and suddenly think, Oh yeah! This is so ubercool! I must go kill everyone I see because I did it in a video game! I'm afraid video games cannot cause a mental illness such as that.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home