#290 - Attacked Again (don't worry, I love it)
This time it was a hefty attack from some Israeli scumware company. I got rid of most of the problems but there were some files that would not be deleted at first, especially the trojans. Whatever it was had even infected my winlogon.exe. Move On Boot didn't work, HijackThis! couldn't remove them on boot either. My various Anti-spyware tools could not fix them. Every 15 seconds some stupid popup would come on the screen even without IE opened up (funny, a lot of them were from so-called anti-spyware companies). In the end I had to concede defeat and I ended up having to go back to my Nov. 8th restore point. I was this close to beating it too. Ah well, maybe next time. This time I will be more prepared. These are the files that could not be cleaned, repaired, moved or deleted (and now I am keeping a virus/adware farm. I am keeping all my virus/adware trophies forever, but I've taken the precaution of making them impossible to work correctly without manually messing with them first): asappsrv.dll (Adware.CommAd.A) dHd8.dll (Trojan.Candebe.CZ) drsmartload.exe (Trojan.Downloader.VB.RI) mfxml3r.dll (Trojan.Candebe.CZ) mte3ndi6odoxng.exe (Application.Isearch.Toolbar.C) ucmoreiex.exe (Application.Weirdontheweb.A)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home