#265 - "Why are you always so angry?"
The fact is, I'm never truly angry. I don't even hate, either. Not anymore. However I do get annoyed (who doesn't?). It only appears lately that I'm only annoyed with the religious shit that goes on with the world. That's soley because it's pretty much the biggest news going on right now. If it isn't anti abortionists it's creationist Intelligent Design fanatics trying to change the science education to fit their idealogies. If it isn't Intelligent Design people trying to undermine education, it's another fanatical group trying to stop cures for cancer because it stops a sexual disease from spreading. If it isn't that, it's the Bush administration doing all of the above at once, and more. The American Taliban as it's called makes me sick to my stomach. It wouldn't annoy me so much if they kept to themselves and didn't try to change the entire world to fit their views. But they do. And they attempt to do so out of cowardice about differing ideas and science, and out of pure childish arrogance. "MY dad can kick YOUR dad's ass!" It's all bullshit. It needs to be stopped. I'm not the only one who feels this way.
it's Halloween today, right? Of course you all know that the Christians took over The Day Of The Dead, which is a thousands of years old celebration of the Celtic new year (Nov. 1st), and it just so happens the souls return from the dead the night before. Which is today. Of course the Puritans decided that this idea was horrendous and decided to rename it to All Hallow's Eve. "Holy day," basically. They did the same with Easter, which really wasn't about the death and ressurection of Christ (it's funny how they claimed the Day of the Dead was unholy, yet at the same time their Zombie God arose). It was about worshiping another god, a Celtic god. And Christmas? Don't get me started. That wasn't about the birth of Christ either. Once again they mutilated a pagan holiday into their own image. You don't find that wrong? What's next, the Jewish holidays?
My point? You give them too much power and they'll do worse than attempt to lay claim to another's holiday. We'll all be fucked. We lost most of our holidays to them already. We can be assured that science and the moving-forward of the world will cease if we give them anymore.
Don't get me wrong. I have no problems with those who keep to themselves and do not try to infect the rest of us with their demon worship. But I feel if they have a right to be the town crier then so do I. If they can scream about how abortion is wrong even if the woman's child is her own father's, then I can say how utterly stupid they are. That's the way it goes. If no one likes it, they'll have to take it anyway. I know I do.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home