Sunday, September 25, 2005

#225 - Health? Harbinger?

In other news it appears as though Dr. Gaspar, my family doctor who I've had for years and years, possibly the nicest man you could ever know, has been diagnosed with cancer whilst visiting Europe. I do not know what kind of cancer it is. I was not given that information yet. What a way to go though, huh? You're on your wonderful vacation after a long period of time helping those in need and suddenly become deathly ill yourself. It is quite unfortunate to see so many of the people I know and knew die like this, dropping like flies. There are others still waiting to be "taken." The people who know me already know: Those who know me end up getting hurt, or succumbing to death. Perhaps it is a gift from god himself. Let me count the deaths of those I once knew in life. [1] My dad (suicide). [2] My aunt (lung cancer). [3] Jason (car accident). [4] Steve Ahearn (he drove drunk and paid the price). [5] Renee, wasn't even 5 (suffocated in box with 2 others while playing hide-and-seek--cute girl, even in death). [6] Mr. Beers (murder). [7] Mr Beers' grand daughter (murder (and rape?)). [8] Mr. Beers' grand daughter's boyfriend (murder). [9] Dr. Gaspar...though technically he isn't dead yet. But that doesn't last long. Do I need to list more devastation? I've yet to meet someone whose known personally as many that've been murdered, killed themselves and/or died of horrible cancers or accidents. Not a one. You show me a person like that and I'll buy you a beer because I'd like a talk with them. So much death and I can't say it isn't somewhat disturbing. I'm wondering how much more I can take at this point. :)