Saturday, August 20, 2005

#192 - Death

In Canadia, you can buy two packs of smokes (that's 50 cigarettes) for about $20. They increased the taxes on cigarettes about 500% to try to stop people from buying them and also to raise money to look after all the lung cancer patients rising yearly. Because I was bored I decided to scan some of the warning labels on these packs. I am sure most Americans haven't seen them, but I am aware they (at least used to) do have warning labels on their packs already.

"The smoke from a cigarette is not just inhaled by the smoker. It becomes second-hand smoke, which contains more than 50 cancer-causing agents." "Tobacco smoke contains hydrogen cyanide. It can cause headaches, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vertigo and stomach aches in smokers and non-smokers." "Tobacco smoke can cause the arteries in your brain to clog. This can block the blood vessels and cause a stroke. A stroke can cause disability and death."
There are many more. If I find them I'll scan them too. I am trying to quit, myself, but I still slip...obviously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home