Wednesday, August 10, 2005

#185

Haha, I just had an attempted eBay scam in my email. It was supposedly from eBay saying that my account has been suspended and that I won't be able to use it until I give my credit card details. Now obviously eBay would not do that, so I did an Arin Whois to see who it was (they were foolish enough to reveal the IP address). OrgName: Latin American and Caribbean IP address Regional Registry OrgID: LACNIC Address: Potosi 1517 City: Montevideo StateProv: PostalCode: 11500 Country: UY ReferralServer: whois://whois.lacnic.net NetRange: 201.0.0.0 - 201.255.255.255 CIDR: 201.0.0.0/8 NetName: LACNIC-201 NetHandle: NET-201-0-0-0-1 Parent: NetType: Allocated to LACNIC NameServer: NS.LACNIC.NET NameServer: NS2.DNS.BR NameServer: TINNIE.ARIN.NET NameServer: NS-SEC.RIPE.NET NameServer: SEC3.APNIC.NET Comment: This IP address range is under LACNIC responsibility Comment: for further allocations to users in LACNIC region. Comment: Please see http://www.lacnic.net/ for further details, Comment: or check the WHOIS server located at whois.lacnic.net RegDate: 2003-04-03 Updated: 2004-03-18 OrgTechHandle: LACNIC-ARIN OrgTechName: LACNIC Whois Info OrgTechPhone: (+55) 11 5509-3522 OrgTechEmail: whois-contact@lacnic.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home