San-i-tarium
My dad killed himself in 1997. And finally, soon, I am getting the extensive autopsy report. I forgot about this when it all happened, but I had said way back then, "They didn't gut him did they?" Apparently they have. Just now I realized the truth (I was told no autopsy/gutting was done - wish they told me this sooner!). When an autopsy is conducted, one of the first things they usually do is make an incision on the top of the skull (horizontally along the cranium). They then take this skin and peel the skullflesh down to well over their faces. They then, after making sure the skull is nice and visible, begin to saw open the cranium... Anyways, the report will tell me all kinds of interesting things about him. Such as the weight of his brain and organs, and things like that, down to what substances, if any, were found in his system (I was told there was no sign of alcohol or drugs in his system at TOD). Here is an excerpt from another autopsy, which will resemble what I will be seeing: "...Lividity was present and fixed on the posterier surface of the body except in areas exposed to pressure. The scalp hair was long and brown. The irides were brown. The corneae were filmy." (Taken from a real autopsy report). I think I will type it out and post it soon. If only just for me to come back and look at it whenever I need to. I enquired about photos / video of the autopsy itself...since they document every one they do both with video and audio. But uh, I was turned down. Shame. I'd be very interested in seeing. That is all. And welcome to the Sanitarium. Edit: I now have the report in my hands. This will be a bitch to type out. I have read the details. Some of it is interesting indeed...I will be sure to bold the suspicious things. Anyway, here goes nothing, and as the saying goes: "Curiosity killed the cat, Satisfaction brought him back."
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home