Experiment #154 - Witches
Funny how I am growing ever more interested in weird crap. There is a book which was written in 2002 called A Delusion of Satan: The Full Story of the Salem Witch Trials that I want to read next. What a fascinating and horrific history in that good ol' place in New England called Salem, run by Puritan theocrats at the time (obviously mentally deranged themselves). At least in this book it doesn't portray the girls that accused and got 25 people hanged (and one crushed) as innocent little girls as other books describe them. It portrays them as evil as the so called "Puritans" made the so called witches out to be. I think what spawned this interest in Salem again is the whole West Memphis 3 debacle; a modern day witch trial that yes, will cause at least one innocent's blood to spill if things aren't fixed soon (I'd say that claiming black clothes, Stephen King novels and metal music "proves" that those people are Satanists who sacrificed the kids to Satan is about as damned close as you're going to get to the Salem Witch Trials. If they think those kids are Satanists, I can't wait to hear their cries of Brimstone about me). And the funny part is I know that if I was alive back then, in 1692, I would definitely be hanged for the way I am, the way I act, the way I think, the way I feel, because those people were Borg, and I am an individual who does not fear thinking differently than the norm. The way it was back then, if you were "strange," different, mentally ill, or just didn't believe in the nonsense they spewed from their mouths, well, you were the devil and thus you die. Those poor 25 men and women died, when they could have at the very least destroyed those real girl witches, Betty Parris, Abigail Williams, Ann Putnam, and Elizabeth Hubbard who started the lies and the hysteria about those people, most of them christian themselves, to begin with. But they didn't. What a shame. You could have been heroes. You could have taken out the entire town if you did it right, in the night, in the (heh) Witching Hour. What could those neanderthols do to you? Throw torches at you and scream the freakin' Psalms? One by one... They wanted you to be witches, they wanted you to die. So why didn't you give them what they so badly lusted for? Should have been prepared. You knew those little girls were up to something, yet you did nothing. Next time, get them before they get you... Yeah, I would really love to think of what those West Memphis Arkansas copper bitches would think of me, if they thought the WM3 boys were so evil. So you see, for some reason, this all hits home with me. Figure it out. :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home