Experiment #151 - Skewl Is Teh Kewl
Been looking over the courses for our local liberal arts (it's not just a liberal arts school; liberal arts is a small part of it) college, Georgian College. Lots of interesting stuff in there, but also a lot of stupid shit too. One of the stupid ones stands out in my mind: Gourmet Desserts 1 and 2. Each of those are just a couple of hours/sessions for 250 bucks! Can you learn anything from that that you cannot learn by reading cookbooks? Also on the list was Psychology 1 and 2. For only 7 sessions totaling 42 hrs (each), you too can learn psychology. That is...a much smaller amount of time than I expected. The courses are $230 a piece. There are also photoshop courses...web page design...etc. All too expensive. The best way to go about these courses is to go out and study them on your own. Work with photoshop for a few months on your own, figuring out all the details by yourself (it would prove difficult to teach something like that to students anyways, other than the basics), and then go in, take the courses, and everything they teach and all the testing they give you will be nothing but a breeze. Easy pass. And the same goes for web page design type courses. You can learn anything you need to know about just about everything online, so why not get a head start? I fully intend in taking college level courses (after an upgrading test). But I am going to study all I will need to know first, so that when the classes do come around I will burn right through them. The psychology courses interest me especially. Despite suffering with psychology related issues, and seeing a lot of people around me in my life suffering with them, there are still some things I do not know (and no one can claim they know everything). So just for interest sakes, I am going to try it out. It's a goal I will accomplish before I am dead. I have a lot of opportunities before me...and I am sure a lot of people would kill for such opportunities (such as fully covered college/university education and things like that that I have failed taking advantage of. What a waste, in my opinion. There are a lot of people out there now struggling to get enough dough to go to school and here I am, wasting it all away). On a side note, it turns out my people do own the Casino Rama. So that means I am entitled to some of the profits aswell. My grand dad on my mother's side was nearly full blooded indian. Now I am going to have to find out how to go about setting this up. But all this free education, no taxes and casino profits is just a small payback for the WHITE MAN killing my people and robbing us of our land... hehe... Anyways I am going to have to get on the ball and make something of my life. There is no reason to waste the opportunities laid before me.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home