What an outrage
Whatever you do, stay away from Dungeon Lords. This is the most buggy piece of poop I've ever had the "luxury" of playing. Here's a short list of the issues I've been witness to: - Cannot change character appearance in a new game, yet buttons to do so are there. - Only thieves can read/have a map. I guess the other characters are stupid. - Monster spawn rate is stuck at whatever it was when you started first game. So even if you set it to Less later on, they will still come at you as if it's on More. - Every turn is a 90 degree angle. No imagination used in maps. Crates are typically in each corner. - Can only carry one kind of item (weapons and armor) at a time. For instance, if you find two daggers, you'll get a "Dagger discarded" message the second time. They said this is to prevent hording items to sell for a lot of cash, but since it's so annoying and stupid I consider it a bug. - If you set the game on 1024x768 resolution the main menu is stuck in the top left corner of the screen. - Framerate issues are rampant. - Loading times between town and such get longer the longer you play, but get better when you restart the game (and that's not a good way to fix this) - Other than guards, there are maybe 5 people in town. - Character voices sound like they're in an echo chamber. - Some females have male voices. - Certain animals have the same death sounds. A snake sounds the same as a scorpion, for instance. - They were too cheap to put a copy protection scheme in place (but in some ways that's good, also) Those are just some of the problems I have found but I am sure there are a lot more. I feel sort of bad for the programmers because this has got to be an embarassment. There are more angry people than happy. They have said a patch is coming next week to fix some issues, but the bugfix list is tiny and there is a lot more to do than they are working on. Sure, the guy's like 22, but come on. Be professional. The game sells at about $40. It's worth, maybe, $5. I have yet to try the multiplayer aspect out. Maybe that will save it from its eventual demise. And that's that for now.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home