It's all starting to come together...
Apparently, Mr. Beers, Pam (his grandaughter) and her relatively new boyfriend had gone out for dinner that fateful night. Around the time that they arrived home, Eric Ross decided to leave the party he was at, which was located on Peele Street (the same street as Mr. Beers lived on, just around the corner from where I write this now). He either knew where he was going or just wandered around, as he was high as a kite, looking for a score. I do know one thing that no one else has ever seemed to mention: Mr. Beers kept an empty safe right at the window which was clearly visible from the sidewalk. A big mistake first of all, and it would have been easy for Ross to see it as he strolled on by doing whatever the murdering minds do in their daily lives... It wasn't too big. Maybe a little less than a foot wide? Perhaps the drug induced Ross thought it would contain money. Either way, this Ross animal broke his way into Mr. Beers' home. I do not know who he killed first... I never did see Pam's boyfriend. Perhaps he tried to fight Ross off and was obviously unable to stand up against him (Eric Ross is tall and was ripped also...like he was on steroids). It would only make sense he'd go for the guy first, since the female and 80 year old weren't much of a threat. Perhaps next he killed Mr. Beers. I am unsure of whether or not he raped Pam, but possibly there was some sexual assault done... After the murders of the three, he casually went back to the party he was at before as if nothing had happened, which, again, was located on the same street. Though how he got no blood on him, or had so little on him that no one at the party noticed I do not know, as he slashed all their throats... Perhaps he had a change of clothes? They all died on a Saturday night. And it was Pam's employer (Pam was a secretery at a dental place) that called the police because she was worried. She didn't come in for work. Pam wasn't the type of girl not to call in if she couldn't get to her job. She was very reliable. It was Monday morning when the call was made, and Monday morning was when the cops found the bodies. I recall the certain smell in the bathroom where my father hanged himself...but his body was removed pretty fast and wasn't there anywhere near as long as these people. It was most likely a grizzly scene too, which must have added to it... My dad was really close to Beers and his grandaughter. When she was a little girl she'd talk and talk and talk to my dad. Think she was like one of his own in his eyes. Beers was pretty much the only father figure my dad had, too, since his real one died when he was about 11 years old. My dad was in his teens or something when he started working for and then befriending him I believe. Even gave him his first car. The news of their tragedy caused nothing but strife for him, and I wouldn't doubt it was partly the reason why he died himself. It really shook him up to live through such an ordeal. It's not easy knowing the best people in your life have been snuffed out by a greedy drug addict...especially in such a cold, heartless and vicious way. Ross also killed a cab driver, but I'm cloudy on whether that was before or after the family. Probably after. The cops denied the murders were linked... Later on, his crack addict self found himself trying to assault a young woman (which leads me to believe he may have molested Pam...but there were no details about that in the news), which freaked out a little boy, who was dressed in nothing but his briefs, and sent him screaming and yelling outside at the neighbors for help. The cops came and arrested Ross, finally, after his 4 murders (he did not manage to kill the last woman, if that was even his intent). He was so stoned that he pretty much spilled the beans on all four of his deeds. The one thing about drugs is it can make you quite honest about stuff which you normally would not be so inclined to talk about. And I haven't forgotten that his drug use probably aided in his bloodthirst, too. He now sits in prison for the 4 murders, but if he behaves well unfortunately he will not serve his full life sentence. He is due to be out in a few years I think. Pretty sad world we live in. I walked past their house that morning, the morning they were found. Police tape was all around...and I was so tempted, even back then, to take a peek...I wanted to see, wanted to look inside...I wanted to see what happened. I wasn't exactly sure at the time what had happened in there, but I had a hunch. Hell, the whole lot and the street was blocked off with tape. Isn't typical to block everything off like that if it was a simple burglary, huh? I still want to see... Maybe it's best I don't. But that animal inside myself...the human urge to slow down and look at the scene of a big car accident...it's human nature. There are people living in that house now. I wonder if they know what happened in there. Well, of course they do. I'm sure people would have told them by now. Stepping in the same spot they were found lying...it's almost like defiling their grave. Such a pretty face gone to waste... It could have been this house he broke into, just as easily, with them questioning these same things about me as I am now about them. Pam would be a few years older than me now... Sometimes I feel death is actually immortality. You're forever stuck at the age you died at, no matter how long time passes... Now, in essence, I am older than she is. It just doesn't seem fair... I would trade my own life to bring their lives back. At least the young couple. the boy and Pam. They were young. Beers had a good long life of over 80 years, but they were so young. She was innocent... Thanks for reading just a small portion of my toxic life events. There's a lot more to come... * Edited for gore.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home