*yawn*
It's late. I'm very tired. Don't have much to say tonight. Except that I've been reading some of Dragon Tears by Dean Koontz. It's another cop story, but one in which a demon is wreaking havoc in the city that the protagonists must stop. There's a certain quote from the story that I found interesting. It goes like this:
"In real life during the last decade of the 20th century, Rumplestiltskin would probably get the Queen's daughter. He would no doubt addict her to heroin, turn her out as a prostitute, confiscate her earnings, beat her for pleasure, hack her to pieces, and escape justice by claiming that society's intolerance for bad-tempered, evil-minded trolls had driven him temporarily insane."
It's one paragraph that stands out in my head, but it's not the kind of book I am used to. There really isn't much explicit gore in this story but it's okay for what it is I suppose.
One of my friends recommended to me the other day that I read the Necroscope series by Brian Lumley, which is all about vampires. There are about 14 books in all and I can't wait to check them out. I like vampire stories but I could never find many save for Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot and those Anne Rice stories, which seem to me to be slanted towards the female audiences since she portrays vampires in a gay light (well, I guess anyone could read those stories but it just doesn't appeal to me). I would hope that the Necroscope series doesn't do that to our good friends the vampires. I guess I will find out soon.
I suppose I did have much to say after all...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home