Wahoo
She (you know who you are) graduated. Super-fucking-spiffy I'd say. Congratulations for your hard work and effort that brought you to this place. May your journey be successful and may you find a job eventually to suit your hard learned skills. It'll be a rough ride -- a very tough job indeed -- but I know you can do it. Hell, you dealt with me for so many years. Fantastic! But remember, you won't save anyone. The most you can do is offer your advice and it'll be up to those you deal with to take it or leave it. Don't feel bad about it either. Most of the time they won't appear like they're listening. They'll be too depressed to be motivated. As long as you remember such things you'll be fine.
3 Comments:
the first thing we're taught in counseling is the counselors opinions and advice aren't needed. it's more of a listening and motivating thing. i'm horrible at motivating people. i'm nervous. i start counseling clients in the fall.
thank you for your congratulations. you of all people know how much i have stressed out over the years. to see this chapter of my life closed is really scary...and i find that i'm utterly terrified to leave it behind. remind you of when i graduated high school? yeah. hopefully, i'll stay sane.
Now that I think about it, I don't think Marg or Evelyn ever gave me advice really about what I should do, which is why I was always sorta stuck in a bad position(needed some kind of help). Pretty much got me to say what I think about stuff instead, but cuz I was and am so lost in this world I had no idea.
What's the difference between social workers and counsellers? Any?
social workers don't counsel. it sounds stupid but it's the truth. they aren't there to psychoanalyze you or to really fix anything mental. they're very surface oriented. that's why they'd take you to the mall, etc.
Post a Comment
<< Home