A mind fucker, a head stud. That's what a shrink is for, my friends and neighbours; their job is to fuck the mentally disturbed and make them pregnant with sanity. It's a bull's job, and they go to school to learn how, and all their courses are variations on a theme: Slipping It to the Psychos for Fun and Profit, Mostly Profit. And if you find yourself someday lying on that great analyst's couch where so many have lain before you, I'd ask you to remember one thing: When you get sanity by stud, the child always looks like the father. And they have a very high suicide rate.
5 Comments:
what? i think i take offense to this.
Hey, what can ya do. It's pretty much true. Have they ever helped me? Nah, they just passed me around like I was some human joint. I could see in their eyes they really didn't give a shit; it was all about money to them. And it's true, people can get out of therapy a lot more fucked up than before they went in. And they try to plant shit in your head, such as, "it's all stemmed from your mommy leaving you. It's all her fault." Pishaw. I have no hope for the psychiatry field. They've pretty much dried up here anyways.
you're not seeing the right people. there are different approaches in counseling. the one you have described is very psychoanalytic (i.e. freud), which is not practiced as much as you'd think. they typically focus on the past to try to explain events in the present, yes, that isn't uncommon. there is also gestalt therapy which focuses on the whole person and the now. i think more people would benefit from such. though, what do i know?
I couldn't have said it better myself. When I was younger my child psychologist dumped my case, had a nervous breakdown and I never saw or heard from him again. I assume he's committed suicide by now. I thought maybe I drove him mad myself. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.
*sigh*
Post a Comment
<< Home