Saturday, April 30, 2005

A little impatient, perhaps?

It's been three hours. I'm wanting my site up and running right now. I paid good money for it. Come on people, time is money. Time is short. Meh. Perhaps tomorrow I'll get it up and running. I suppose these things just take time. Patience...I got much else to do. I suppose I can read... They sent that Terrors, Torments and Traumas book after all despite my cancelling it. It's used, just as I ordered. It says on the cover with a blue sticker: "JACKSONVILLE PUBLIC LIBRARY." Inside is stamped: "Purchased from book sale." I get to wondering how many hands this has passed through...hundreds. Maybe thousands. I'm wondering if it's really just stolen and the company just put that stamp in there to look innocent. But there goes my paranoid mind again. On the back it says the typical library bullshit line: "READING IS KEY!" How utterly dismaying and kind of patronizing. Anyway I got it just the other day. Turns out to not be that bad of a book now that I've read some. Thought it was gonna be some fucked up kid's book but it features authors like Ray Bradbury, who is the furthest thing from a child's author (I want to buy the Ray Bradbury Theater DVD box set -- he's got a fucked up head). Guess I'll get right on to reading. What else do I have to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home